The Go-to Family Man’s Guide to Creating Ambience in his Family
Tips for Creating a Loving Family Life
Everyone desires to have a loving family. The media does not portray Black men as being loving or trying to develop a loving family. They are more likely to be portrayed as womanizers, druggies, pimps, gang bangers, or prisoners. This is not a true portrayal. This is a sales pitch to bring in money for the movie or television show. However, the country has bought into this picture of Black men.
Therefore, it is up to Black men to show the young Black men and the next generation of Black men that this portrayal is not true. Black men want to have a wife and children that love and want to be with him. They want a family that laughs together, hugs each other, cries together, and sticks together through thick and thin. My husbands father left them when he was around six years old. He did not have fond memories of his father. Everything his father had done was wiped out with this one action. Leaving the family without guidance and financial support. This action caused a lot of damage. My husband said he would never leave his family. He did not.
What he did not know how to do was create a loving ambience in the family. This was something he had to learn on his own because he did not have a father to show this aspect of family life to him when he was growing up. A lot of men may not have had this because they grew up without a father. A loving family does not just happen, a loving environment has to be created and nurtured. Nurturing is not a word associated with child rearing of males. This might be a missing link that shows up over and over in the personal life of many Black men.
How does the Black man create a loving ambience or atmosphere in his family? Here are a few tips. As the family grows and moves through different stages of family development the ambience created need to change or grow as the family changes.
15 Tips to Creating an Ambience of Love in your Family
1. Begin each day and end each day with prayer.
2. Begin each morning with gratitude for each other and inquire about what you can do for them today.
3. Show and tell your family members that you care and love them. Show love for your wife.
4. Take time to learn each family member’s characteristics and idiosyncrasies so that you can talk to them in a more meaningful way.
5. Help them to develop solutions to their problems.
6. Motivate your family members to do the best that they can.
7. Let each family member know that you are proud of them.
8. Make sure you children know wrong from right and explain why something is bad or wrong.
9. You and your spouse should plan a family budget based on your family’s needs, lifestyle, and job earnings. Try to stick with the budget.
10. Always, always stand by your family. If something bad happened, talk in private later in a clam manner. Listen to your family member’s side of the story.
11. Take a family vacation. This builds quality time and time away from the distractions of everyday life.
12. Make sure your family knows that they are first with you, not your job and not your friends.
13. Give everyone a private space so that can have quiet time.
14. Remember family activities. Write them on your calendar. Show up, they are looking for you.
15. Occasionally, send your wife and children a loving text message.
16. Exercise and practice healthy living activities with your family.
As you can see, I got carried away with the tips. Some of these things you may be doing already. If not, pick one and do it. Trust me on this, your family will be eager for more. Remember love is reciprocal. You show love you get love. Think about this, if you have a wife and 3 children, your return on investment is quadrupled.